Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lunchtime blog Version #1 - SCALPING

I have dry skin: no, dry is an understatement! My skin rivals the Atacama Desert in Chile which hasn’t had rain for thousands of years dry; ‘have I been rolling around in a fire pit?’- ashy. Its one of those things that ensures that by noon my elbows look like they’ve seen a ghost, but that’s not of bother. I’ve learned to manage it in a properly manic way of either completely ignoring at times and on other occasions walking around with a travel size bottle of lotion. However the part I can’t stand is dandruff, which only shows up when I go to the barber. I gets so bad the dude starts singing Christmas carols as he gives me my cut, continued with a joke about “snow in the tropics” etc. (I am thankful that I don’t “shed” during other times, because it’s hard to look serious at a meeting when you have snow drifts on your shoulders.) Now solutions I’ve been given thus far:
1. Stop using anti-dandruff shampoo which may be too hard on your delicate scalp (the fact that the word “delicate” was used clearly this was a woman’s advice) …yeah WRONG!
2. My barber who told me hair food was the solution. Yup! I have hair fuller and softer than a Somali but my scalp is still the testing ground for vehicles that are designed for harsh desolate environments.

Maybe it’s the water and I should behave like those Nouveau riche types and only use Perrier to wash my hair, but that would mean wearing a shower cap which is generally against man-laws and common sense. Furthermore I don’t think my scalp is that valuable to warrant going broke…So yeah point is I’m in the market for solutions, nothing expensive and nothing nasty like washing with egg yolks!

No comments: